Name and surname : Antonio Pascale Prieto.
- Doctor in medicine. Specialist in Clinical Toxicology. School of Medicine. University of the Oriental Republic of Uruguay.
- Professor at the Center for Biomedical Sciences. University of Montevideo. General coordinator and teacher of the Specialized Course on Drug Addiction.
- Director of the National Center for Information and Reference of the Yellow Portal Drug Network. Administration of State Health Services (ASSE).
- Director of the Service of Toxicology and Problematic Use of Drugs, National Subdirectorate of Police Health. National Police Health Directorate. Ministry of Interior.
- Toxicologist in Private Assistance Centers and Drug Addiction Treatment Clinics.
Institution / Affiliation: Center for Biomedical Sciences. University of Montevideo.
City-Country : Montevideo, Uruguay.
- Member of the Expert Committee on Drug Dependence of the World Health Organization.
- Member of REDLA (Network of Latin American Drug Researchers) and consultant to the Inter-American Commission against Drug Abuse (CICAD), Organization of American States (OAS), Washington DC, USA.
- Member of SUMETOX (Uruguayan Society of Toxicologists), RETOXLAC (Latin American and Caribbean Toxicology Network), and TIAFT (The International Association of Forensic Toxicologists).
- Vice Chair - Board of Directors. Pacific Basin Consortium for Environment and Health. University of Brisbane, Australia.
Research lines / topics
- Consumption of cocaine base paste: clinical-toxicological aspects.
- Drug use in adolescence.
- Consumption of psychoactive substances in pregnancy and lactation.
- Unintentional drug exposures in boys and girls.
- Study of adulterants, their neurobiological and toxic effects (short and long term). Study of the health effects of new psychoactive substances.
- Pascale A, Negrin A, Laborde A. Cocaine base paste: experience of the Toxicological Information and Advice Center. Addictions (2010); 22: 227-232.
- Moraes M, Boccarato A, Bazan G, Grunbaum S, Canavessi M, Hoppe A, Pascale A, González G, Cerutti B, Borbonet D. Consensus for the comprehensive care of newborns exposed to psychoactive substances during pregnancy. Arch Pediatr Urug 2010; 81 (4): 251-7.
- Pascale A, Hynes M, Cumsille F, Bares C. Cocaine base paste consumption in South America: review of epidemiological and medico-toxicological aspects. Inter-American Drug Abuse Control Commission. Official Document of the Organization of American States, 2014. ISBN 978-0-8270-6165-1.
- Kapitán M, Farro I, Negrin A, Lujambio M, Zócalo Y, Pan M, Langhain M, Florio L, Pascale A, García V, Moreira G, Ferrando R, Bía D. Chronic consumption of hydrochloride and / or pasta base of Cocaine associates premature arterial aging and increased cardiovascular risk. Rev Urug Cardiol 2014; 29: 299-310.
- Juanena C, Capelletti F, Pascale A, Negrin A, Durante S, Graciano R, Rocha A. Cocaine adulterated with levamisole: report of three clinical cases. Rev Med Urug 2017; 33 (2): 133-139.
- Pascale A, Laborde A. Effects of cannabis use during pregnancy and lactation. Arch Pediatr Urug 2019; 90 (3): 161-168.
- Pascale A, da Matta Chasin A, Giancotti N, Pose F, Hynes M, Browne T. Adulterants of drugs and their effects on the health of users: a critical review. Inter-American Observatory on Drugs (OID) of the Inter-American Drug Abuse Control Commission (CICAD). Official Document of the Organization of American States, 2019. ISBN 978-0-8270-6873-5.
Other academic / professional background
Former Adjunct Professor of Toxicology. School of Medicine. University of the Republic.
Recognized for works presented in academic events related to the subject of psychoactive substance use, author of more than 120 presentations in national and international courses and congresses as well as more than 50 publications in national and international refereed journals, related to the topic of Toxicology. and Drugs of abuse.
Reviewer of national and international peer-reviewed journals: Archives of Pediatrics of Uruguay, Addictions (Spain), Reviste Psykhe (Chile), Drug and Alcohol Dependence, Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, Reviews of Environmental Health, Science of the Total Environment, Chemosphere, Environmental Pollution , Environment International, Annals of Global Health.