- Degree in Biological Sciences, CAECE University.
- Doctor from the University of Buenos Aires, Pharmacology area, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, UBA.
- Independent Researcher at CONICET.
- Teaching "Ad honorem" Partial. Chair of Pharmacology. School of Medicine. UBA.
Institution / Affiliation: Institute of Cognitive and Translational Neuroscience (INCYT) - CONICET-Favaloro University, INECO Foundation.
City-Country : Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Honorable Member Incorporated Japanese General Association called "Prophylactic Pharmacology Research Institute (RIPP)" founded by Dr. Yukio Yoneda.
- Member of the scientific council of the Latin American Journal of Psychopharmacology and Neuroscience - Editorial Médica Sciens.
Research lines / topics:
- The line of work is to study exposure to stressful situations during the first years of life and how early adverse effects increase the risk of post-traumatic stress, depression and addiction to drugs of abuse, such as alcohol.
1-Chronic postnatal stress induces voluntary alcohol intake and modifies glutamate transporters in adolescent rats. Odeon MM, Andreu M, Yamauchi L, Grosman M, Acosta GB. Stress: The International Journal on the Biology of Stress 18 (4): 427-434. 2015.
2-Long-term effects of repeated maternal separation and ethanol intake on HPA axis responsiveness in adult rats. Odeon MM, Yamauchi L, Grosman M, Acosta GB. Brain Res. 1657: 193-201. 2017.
3-Voluntary alcohol intake after noise exposure in adolescent rats: hippocampal-related behavioral alterations. Miceli M, Molina SJ, Forcada A, Acosta GB , Guelman LR. Brain Res. 1679: 10-18. 2018
4-Prenatal stress and its effects of human cognition, behavior and psychopathology: a review of the literature. Ramborger ME, Zorrilla Zubilete MA, Acosta GB . Pedriatric Dimention 3 (1): 1-6. 2018.
5-Repeated maternal separation: Alcohol consumption, anxious behavior and corticosterone were reversed by a non-pharmacological treatment. Odeon MM, Acosta GB. Progress in Neuropsychopharmacology & Biological Psychiatry 95: 109726 2019.
Other academic / professional background:
He did academic stays at the Department of Molecular Pharmacology, University of Kanazawa, Japan; Department of Anatomy and Histology, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia; Institute of Neurosciences, Miguel Hernández University, Elche, Spain.